- Product Knowledge
- FAQ's about Plywood Paneling
FAQ's about Plywood Paneling
Answers to Common Questions about our Plywood Paneling
1 -What is our plywood made of?
We're proud that our plywood panels are made of layers of high quality Meranti hardwood veneers. The paneling is a medium density Class 2 plywood that is far superior to other paneling products because it won't expand and contract as the humidity and temperature changes.
2 - Are there different paneling thicknesses, and what does the paneling weigh?
We offer 4x8 plywood panels in three thicknesses. Some panels are offered in just one thickness and others are offered in a choice of two or three thickness. The thickness of each panel is listed on each paneling product page
- our 2.7mm is approximately 1/8" Thick and weighs approximately 13 lbs per sheet
- our 3.6mm is approximately 3/16") Thick and weighs approximately 15 lbs per sheet
- our 5.2mm is approximately 1/4" Thick and weighs approximately 21 lbs per sheet
- NOTE: IN 1/4" thickness, the panels have structural strength and can be attached directly to studs
3 - Tell me about Laminate Panels vs. Veneer Panels
First ... each of our panels are panels is made of a high quality plywood substrate whether laminate or veneer
- Laminated plywood paneling has a high resolution photograph imprinted on quality paper that is then laminated to the plywood core using pressure, heat and adhesives in our manufacturing processes in our Mississippi factory. Laminated panels include photos of genuine stained woods in a variety of species, a few hunting scenes and a Mossy Oak pattern, and we offer many decorative stiped floral patterns. There are a dozen or more other decorative patterns in various colors on our laminated plywood collection.
- Unfinished Veneer paneling is made of select genuine wood veneers (a thin layer of real wood) that is attached to the plywood core with adhesives under pressure. Veneer panels are used in homes, offices, constructions projects. Depending on the wood, veneer panels are are ready to accept either primer and paint or a stained finish. Veneer panels are always available in birch which can be either painted or stained, and a fine quality, stainable red oak. We offer Birch and Red Oak in a variety of grooved or non-grooved styles. Additionally, we also offer fine wood veneers including hardwoods such as Ash, Cypress, White Maple, Walnut, Rosewood, Teak and Zebrawood. These veneers are perfectly suited for your special projects, and are used on walls, ceilings, and to make custom furniture and more. Our availability of fine wood veneers varies, so check with us for any special need!
4 - What about Paneling grooves and groove spacing
- We have Flat Library Panels that consist of panels without any grooves. These offer a clean, smooth edge-to-edge surface for your project.
- Many of our panels are offered in a double-groove 'beadboard channel pattern.' Many are offered in a choice of either a 2 inch or 4 inch spacing between the beads.
- Random Plank Paneling (also known as 9-groove paneling) has single grooves spaced in a random pattern across the panel. The groove runs parallel with the 8 foot length of the panel. Randomly spaced grooves are actually in a pattern, at 4" - 8" - 4" - 7" - 9" - 6" - 4" - 6" and each long, 8-foot side edge is beveled with a 1/2 groove. When butted up to another panel, the 9th groove is formed.
- To help with your decision, we offer samples. Click here to order paneling samples here.
5 - Do you sell Fire Rated Paneling?
All of our plywood paneling carries a Class C Fire Rating of 200 or less, and more specific information is on the label on the back of each panel.
6 - So, how do you ship your 4x8 paneling?
4x8 plywood paneling orders are put together, normally in 5 to 10 business days, with panel edge and corner protection and then are
banded securely to a wooden pallet. The panels are shipped on a Common Carrier truck (an 18-wheeler) because the pallets are too
large to ship UPS or FedEx. When we have a residential delivery, the carrier will phone as the shipment nears its destination terminal
to make a curbside, at the street, delivery appointment. You should have able-bodies people there to help with the delivery. You should
also perform a shipping damage inspection, and you'll need someone to help you move product from the curb up to the house.
Normally, residential deliveries will be on a truck with a lift-gate to help bring the paneling skid to the ground.
7 - How is our 48x32 wainscot height paneling packaged and shipped?
Most of our orders for wainscoting height panels are cartoned and shipped via UPS or FedEx. Larger volume orders will ship more like 4x8 panels, via an LTL carrier who will make a curbside delivery appointment for residential orders.
8 - How do you install wall paneling?
See our wall paneling installation instructions as a guideline!
9 - Can the product be installed in a basement?
Yes. See the installation instructions for paneling installation guidelines.
10 - Can paneling be installed outside?
We do not recommend installing our laminated paneling outside. Our veneer panels, after they are well painted or stained and sealed, may be installed outdoors as long as they are protected from direct contact with the elements, in areas like porch ceilings.
11 - What is limited Lifetime Warranty?
A limited lifetime warranty means that a manufacturer is obligated to replace parts of a product that break or are defective over the life of the product. However, the manufacturer is not legally obligated to replace parts that are not mentioned in the warranty or are broken or misused by the consumer.
12 - Do you have seam tape to conceal seams and paneling ends?
We offer Seam Tape for most of our Designer Series Flat Paneling and for our Mossy Oak Paneling. Most of our wood grain paneling products have a 'half-groove' along each side edge so that adjacent panels have a nearly undetectable full paneling groove.