Terms and Conditions | Shipping Large Items
Delivery Information for Large/Heavy Items
Thank you for your interest in MantelCraft and this particular product!
Please be aware of the following:
- You are considering one of our larger/heavier products which is typically shipped in a crate and/or on a pallet via a commercial Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) carrier.
- Curbside delivery to an easily accessible address is included in our price.
- When your order leaves our dock, we will send you a shipment notice via email and provide you with the carrier's shipment tracking information.
- Non-paved roads, tight turns, steep embankments, high-rise buildings or otherwise "difficult" delivery locations or situations may necessitate your having to pay for additional delivery services.
- For residential deliveries, the carrier will phone you to schedule the delivery as the shipment nears the delivery terminal. Most carriers ask for a 4 hour delivery window.
- By ticking the Terms and Conditions box on the product page, you agree to have able-bodied people and some way to move your shipment from the curb to your home at the time of delivery. This service is not included unless prior arrangements are made. Many products can be carried piece by piece from the curb after opening the shipment for the visual inspection that is required at the time of the delivery.
- While we take extra care in crafting our products, it is always possible that an order may become damaged during shipment. Because of this, we ask you to pay special attention to the following:
It is extremely important that you inspect the crate, carton, and contents of your shipment for damage before you sign for your shipment. If any damage is found, it should be noted on the carrier's bill of lading before you sign it. If you find damage but fail to note it on the bill of lading, you are releasing the carrier from responsibility for the damage and may be responsible for the cost of any repairs or replacements. If you make a note of the damage, then we can work with the carrier to fix the problem at no cost to you!
For Your Convenience
- You may give us a commercial ship-to delivery address at the time of your order (preferably with a loading dock, pallet jack and/or fork lift).
- You may ask us to ship this to our carrier's closest local terminal where your team can pick up the shipment.
- If desired, contact us to see if 'inside delivery service' (sometimes refered to as 'white glove delivery') is available for your location prior to placing your order. The surcharge will be quoted if available (normally $200 to $400).